Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ikea Hack Part 2 - Matching Dresser

In my earlier post, I showed you how to do an Ikea Hack on the Rast 3 Drawer Chest with a little painting and staining. There is no matching Rast Dresser, but the Ikea Tarva 6 Drawer Chest is pretty darn similar. It is a little pricey at $150, but all other 6 drawer chests I liked started at $250 or more. Here's what it looks like after assembling it.
I'm sure you can get even more savvy on this part and find cheaper unfinished furniture or a thrifted dresser to re-finish, but all-in-all I'm still saving at least $100 for a brand new dresser that looks so much more expensive. I plan to utilize it as a TV stand in my Master Bedroom as well. Here's how it turned out after following the same steps as finishing the night stands in my previous post:


And here's the Tarva Dresser with the 2 night stands I made to match, oh and my Assistant Rambo too.


Keep checking back on my blog for my next DIY project with bookshelves.


5 comments:

  1. What did you use to stain and paint? Looks amazing! I want to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ghost Princess! Sorry I was on vacation and just saw your comment now. Check out my post on the matching Night Stands which has all the paints, stains, and hardware information here http://www.savvyandsavory.com/2013/04/diy-ikea-hack.html

      Hope that helps and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

      Delete
  2. What size ring pulls did you wind up using? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay I got the 51mm x 43mm BBZ Ring Pull from www.leevalley.com

      Delete
    2. Here's a link to the ring pulls http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?cat=3,43520,43521,43559&p=48407

      Delete